Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Little Fish

Arden loves the water! I discovered this when we were in Nashville and her attitude hasn't changed. She loves to kick and splash and doesn't mind being dunked :) We are lucky to have our friend Stacy give her swim lessons this summer. Our goal is for her to be comfortable in the water and to know what to do in case she ever fell in. Well, we've got the first part down pat, and now we are working on the second :) Can you tell from these pictures she loves the water?


We have swim lessons once a week. Arden practices kicking, blowing bubbles, and floating on her back. I also dunk her each session and surprisingly she doesn't cry at all! I also have her sit on the side of the pool and she "jumps" in to me...this might be her favorite part!

Mommy and Arden
"But mommy, I don't want to relax!"
"I guess I can give it a try..."
"Maybe if I splash mommy, I can stop floating!"
Yay for swim lessons!
Geoff and I are thankful that Arden likes the water. We took her to the pool here at our hotel in Boston and she was in heaven(of course I forgot to take my camera)! She laughed and splashed the whole time. She even cried when it was time to leave :) This makes me even more excited for our beach trip in August!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi, Melinda! I've really enjoyed catching up with what you're doing this summer. Sounds like you're busy and having lots of fun! It's so cute that Arden likes the water. She is adorable!!