Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stats and Pictures

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We definitely enjoyed the time with our family on Arden's first Thanksgiving. Of course she won't remember it, but it was a great time for all of us!

Arden had her 3 week check-up on Monday, November 24th. My how she is growing! She weighed 9 lb. 15 oz. and was 21" long. They also did the follow-up PKU blood test and she did NOT like it at all! I guess I wouldn't like someone pricking my heel and then squeezing the blood out of it either! On a more serious note, we did find out that she is a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis. This was discovered by the original PKU test they did in the hospital. We have an appointment in Birmingham on December 12 for additional testing to determine if she actually has CF or if she is just a carrier. Please keep our family in your prayers as this is definitely a stressful time for us. We just want peace no matter the outcome and we know that God will provide that peace for us.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!







4 comments:

Out On a Limb said...

Melinda & Geoff,
We will be praying for you guys as you anticipate the appt. on the 12th. May He give you peace that goes beyond understanding.

Robin & Andrew

P.S. She is so beautiful!!

Tracy Williams said...

I love the pictures!!! She is so beautiful! The one with Rick and her is so precious.
I will be praying for you all and hoping you find peace.
Love you guys!

The Cornett Family said...

Thank you for sharing all of the pictures, they're great! I love the little red riding hood picture :)

Anonymous said...

I will certainly be praying for Arden! What a great attitude you have! Please let us know what you find out from the doc. appointment. The pics are great...I'm with Tracy I love the one with Arden and Uncle Rick. What are these grandbaby's going to call him?