Wednesday, December 7, 2011

9 months

I seriously don't know where the time is going!  Tucker is growing way too fast---I'm trying not to think about the fact that his 1st birthday is less than 3 months away!

I don't have any growth stats for him because his well check is later this month, but I do know he is a big boy.  He is beginning to outgrow 12-18 month one-piece outfits because he has such a long torso.  I'm pretty sure he weighs 21+ lbs so he's a bit of a chunk, too.  

He is a very busy boy....and oh, he is fast!  It only takes him seconds to crawl and find trouble something to get into ;)  He definitely keeps me on my toes!  

Tucker is already testing us, too.  Our little mischievous boy does not take "NO" for an answer!  If he is getting into a cabinet that he's not supposed to, or playing with the nightlights in the hallways, we pop his hand and say "No, Tucker".  Instead of crawling away and finding something new to play with, he just smiles and laughs....then goes back to what he was doing.  Oh boy....looks like we may need to baby-proof a little more :)

He is also becoming more confident in standing unassisted.  His balance is getting better each day and I see him  standing and playing so often.  I bet it won't be long before he starts to take a few steps!

Tucker is finally starting to sleep well during the night---PRAISE GOD!  He is consistently sleeping 5+ hours at a time which means I only have to get up once a night to feed him.  Also, I am in the process of transitioning him to bottles.  He isn't super excited about this, but I pray that we can make this transition as quickly and easily as possible.

Tucker can also wave bye-bye and he is really great at smiling for the camera!  This is such a fun age as we watch his little personality grow :)

Happy 9 months sweet Tucker!



1 comment:

mom said...

I remember a sweet little girl who also did not like the word no. She especially loved playing with the buttons on the television. We told her no over and over and popped her little hands until they were red. She would just go back to doing it all over again. lol