Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Prayers

My Grandmom Norton went to see Jesus this morning. She had battled cancer for 12 years, so although this is a difficult time for us all, we are so thankful she is finally pain-free! Please keep our family in your prayers--especially my Granddad, as he just lost the love of his life and best friend. I can't imagine the range of emotions he is feeling today, but I know he will need our support and God's peace and strength over the next few weeks and months.

Even though Arden will never remember meeting her Great-Grandmom, and am so thankful that Grandmom had the chance to spend time with Arden. Grandparents are such a blessing and I have been overly blessed to have my grandparents in my life for so long. Thankfully we have pictures to show Arden and can tell her what a wonderful woman Grandmom was.

6 comments:

Tracy Williams said...

I'm praying for you all today, Melinda. I am so sad to hear this but thankful she is painfree now. Love you!

Nanny Tucker said...

I will keep you & the family in my prayers, espically Mr. Norton. I am sorry to hear of her passing but I know she is in a much better place.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Melinda... will remember you and your family in my prayers! So sorry for the loss of your Grandmother!
I love you, Angel

Stacy said...

Melinda - We are so very sorry for your loss!

The Cornett Family said...

We love you Melinda, and our prayers are going out for your family to have comfort during this time.

Sara said...

I'm so sorry, Melinda. What a precious picture for Arden to have!