Saturday, January 24, 2009

What's not to love about this?!

To me, there is nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby. I love watching Arden as she sleeps--seeing all the little smiles and quirky expressions and hearing her precious laugh as she dreams. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything I could love more...
and then I realize, this may be the only thing that tops it! My heart melts every time I find my two favorite people like this...
Geoff, I love you so much! Thanks for being such a great husband and a wonderful father for Arden. I can't wait to watch your relationship with her grow! She is so lucky to have you as her dad!
Arden, you are so precious to me! My love for you grows more and more each day. I feel so blessed to be your mommy. I love you!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On to other things...nothing new is really going on with us. Arden is definitely growing and changing each day. She is cooing and smiling so much--I wish I could just freeze time to capture her faces! I love talking with her and playing--it is so much fun! I can't believe that she will be three months old in just a week!
Arden loves spending time with her Aunt April and cousin Silas. April went back to work this week (sniff, sniff) so we haven't been able to spend as much time with them as we'd like to. We did take a few pictures of the babies recently--I can't wait until they will both look at the camera at the same time!



Aren't they completely adorable?! I am so thankful Arden and Silas are this close in age--it will be a blessing for them to grow up together.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend--look for Arden's 3-month update in a week or so!

6 comments:

April said...

aww... i love this post! but what's up with Geoff being one of your top 2 favorite people? shouldn't I be in the top 2?? :) Umm, and I love the pictures of them together! The last one is my favorite because Silas is pointing at this tongue! haha... random.. he must have been trying to tell me that he has thrush! :(

Anonymous said...

You're right... you are all so blessed to have them close in age and in the same city! I'm sure they will grow up being best buddies!

Stephanie said...

What a great post! Geoff rocks! He is super dad now. You are so blessed!

I love the new pics! Silas and Arden are my favorite. What's not to love?

The Cornett Family said...

Ok, those first two pics about made me cry thank you very much!

Sy and Dasha said...

Those are the cutest pics ever...Ya'll are so lucky that the babies are close in age...My sister is preggers right now too so our baby girl will have a cousin close in age as well...That's the best...Melinda I love hearing how much your love for Arden grows more and more each day...I can't wait to begin this wonderful journey of parenthood...We love and miss ya'll so much...See you soon!!!!!

Shelly Pruitt said...

Let me just say that this is the CUTEST picture of her at the top!!!! Oh wow she is beautiful! It won't be long before Silas catches up to her in size too! I love th elast picture of them...Silas' face is priceless :) Oh and the sweet part about Geoff...made me tear up!