Thursday, November 13, 2008

Arden's First Week

I can't believe our first week at home has already come and gone--time really flies! We have been very busy trying to adjust to life with a baby as well as spend time with friends and family who are anxious to see precious Arden. Geoff's parents were in town all last week, my brother came for the weekend, and we've had many friends stop by each day! We even ventured out to my grandparent's house on Sunday since they weren't able to spend much time with Arden at the hospital. It was great to see them with their first great-grandbaby! Things have begun to slow down this week, which is making it easier to get into a routine. Arden is a great baby--we are enjoying every minute with her (even those sleepless nights!) Most nights we are actually able to sleep for 3-4 hours before she wakes to eat, but we've definitely had a few nights that weren't as great :) I've also been lucky to have Geoff at home with me all week. He was able to take 2 weeks off from work to spend with Arden and me and it has truly been a blessing. Please keep us in your prayers though, because he will go back to work next week and will actually be out of town for the majority of the week :( Even though my sister will be staying with me, it just won't be the same as having daddy at home!

I guess that's all for now--I know most of you just want to see pictures of our baby girl so I have posted several that were taken over the past week. Oh and a big thanks to Geoff for keeping you all up-to-date during my labor/delivery. I thought he did a great job--maybe that will inspire him to post more often!

Leaving the hospital
Relaxing with Auntie April
Grandpa VanZoeren and Arden Chillin' with daddy

Not too crazy about the flash!

Four generations: my Grandmother Norton, mom, Arden and me
Relaxin' with Uncle Nathan
Our Family (minus big brother Murphy!)
Great Granddad Norton
Great Grandmother Norton
Giving a little wink ;)

6 comments:

Robin said...

Melinda, what a precious time! I know you are treasuring these moments. You look great...how are you feeling?

Sy and Dasha said...

oh, i started to tear up...she's beautiful!!! and that song 'isn't she lovely'...how precious!!! i can truly feel all of your joy and the wonderful emotions that you are going through with having that sweet baby...i know there's nothing like it...i can't wait! we love ya'll!

Anonymous said...

Melinda,
Congrats to you and Geoff. Your baby girl Arden is beautiful. I am sure things are going to be a little hectic for a while until you guys adjust. Hang in there, I hear it is well worth it!! Can't wait to see all the new and exciting things to come with your daughter. Hopefully Greg and I can create a blog so we too can share - trying to get on the bandwagon before it leaves us!! Congrats again on a healthy beautiful baby girl.
Gina (Williams) Strychar

Stephanie said...

I love these pictures of Arden, but they don't even come close to showing her full beauty. Arden is so precious. I love holding her in my arms! You and Geoff are such sweet parents. This is such an awesome time for you all and we love sharing the moments with you guys!

I'm always here when you need a break (and I promise to give her back...even though I won't want to) :)!

Anonymous said...

How precious she is...I love all the hair! This is the first time I've blogged in some time, but have been kept updated on Baby Arden through her Great Uncle Larry. I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading the stories of welcoming Arden into this world. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to meet her!

Nicole said...

She's so gorgeous! Congratulations!!!