Tuesday, June 3, 2008

IT'S A.................

For those of you who didn't catch on with the bright, pink layout--we are having a girl! Our appointment went so well yesterday--Praise God! Of course we were so excited to find out it's a girl, but more importantly we are so happy to know that she is growing and developing just as she should. All of her organs looked great, she weighs 9 oz, and she is extremely active! She was constantly moving around while the tech was doing the ultrasound! However, she must be camera-shy because we had a very tough time getting a good look at her face. So, we get to have another ultrasound at our next appointment (YAH!!!) so we can try and get a better look at her face as well as her heart. The tech couldn't get a good look at her heart either (because of her position) but we did get to hear the heartbeat again--her heartrate is 150. Again we are so thankful that everything continues to go so well. Now the fun begins! I can't wait to start getting the nursery ready and even buying a few cute outfits! Of course there is a 20% error rate when the ultrasound is done before 20 weeks (I will be 19 weeks tomorrow) so I guess we could find out some different news at our next appointment! However, the tech and my Dr. seemed very confident that she is a girl so we are going to go with that confindence!

I'm sure many of you are wondering if we have decided on a name for her. I wish I had some good news for you, but unfortunately we did not have a girl's name picked out before our appointment! Of course we had a boy's name, but it's not very useful now ;) As soon as we decide on a name, I will definitely let everyone know!

Pictures will follow soon, but it will probably be this weekend before I'm able to post those.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! i'm so excited for you both! praise God that she is healthy and active. we've been praying for you, and i'm so glad that mom and baby are doing so well. now, about those belly pictures... :) give the people what they want! we want to see the belly! :)
-megan egli

Unknown said...

So exciting! I'm so happy for you guys and glad that everyone is healthy!

Can you please email me your address, it would be helpful for various reasons :)

and I'd also like to second Megan's request...jazz up this page with some photos would ya?!

stephanie

Anonymous said...

I meant to mention that Ellie says you should name your baby...you guessed it...Ellie!

Congratulations to two of my favorite people and one of my favorite dogs ever :)

Out On a Limb said...

so exciting!!! she and wade can be buddies!

Tracy Williams said...

I am so glad the appointment went so great and SHE is doing great too! How exciting! Girls are so much fun!!!

Stephanie said...

PRAISE GOD FOR A HEALTHY BABY GIRL! We are so happy for you all! We can't wait to meet her!

Stephanie said...

Oh...I also would like to see more pictures! Even though I see you all the time :)!

April said...

hey fatty! :) haha... i just read your blog for the first time in quite a while... just wanted to say hey and yay that it's a girl! :) :) :) love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Melinda,

Just wanted to let you know that the "wiggling" is genetic. Geoffrey moved all the time so it was always difficult to get an good heartrate right through labor. The OB nurse finally just gave up!

I think I am getting the hang of this blog thing so more comment to come.

Love to you both,

Mom and Dad