Tuesday, June 24, 2008

And she shall be called.....

Yes ladies and gentleman, we have decided on a name! Our baby girl will be called Arden Leigh VanZoeren. We are so excited to finally have a name to go with this precious baby! Many of you may be wondering how we decided on her name. After looking through what seemed like hundreds of baby name books and lists and not finding anything that we could agree on, we agreed to give her a family name. Many of you know that if we were having a boy he would be named Tucker Gerrit--Tucker is my maiden name and Gerrit is part of Geoff's middle name, Gerritsen. We thought it would be fitting to give our daughter a family name as well but we wanted the name to be unique. Arden is my mother-in-law's maiden name and Leigh is my middle name (spelled Lee). We are so thrilled to have found the perfect name for our little girl! Now, we can't wait to meet her and put a face with her name!

In other news, we are wrapping up week 21 today--I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! My next appointment is next Tuesday and I can't wait to see how much Arden has grown in the last few weeks. We are getting ready to start working on her nursery as well as registering for all sorts of fun goodies and necessities! We have decided to use my aunt's Jenny Lind crib (Thanks Holly!) so that is a huge financial help for us! It is so adorable and definitely fits with our style of furniture. As soon as we start working on the nursery I will post some pictures. Speaking of pictures, I know I have promised to start posting belly pictures. I have actually taken a few pictures, but have not been able to post them! It really stinks not having the internet at home! I will do my best to work on posting those this weekend!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so EXCITED for you all! It's been a while since I've been blogging, so I'm so surprised to hear that you know that are having a girl and have a name picked out. Thankful to hear that Baby Arden is healthy and you are both doing well! -Angel

Stephanie said...

YAY to your beautiful baby Arden Leigh! I love that she has a name now. It is so fun to talk about Arden and all of the cool things she is going to do with all of us once she gets here. We can't wait! Praise God once again for your beautiful blessing Arden Leigh!

P.S. I can verify that your belly is actually growing. You look stunningly pregnant, which is fabulous!

P.S.S. I love this song! It is the perfect song to sing to Arden. Considering all we could think of a couple weeks ago was Jesus Loves Me.

royster family said...

I think it is fair to say WE ARE ALL due an update on your blog!!! How about a picture of your belly sideways?!! I am serious, pictures please!