Wednesday, April 2, 2008

10 Weeks!

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to post about my appointment. We had our 10 week appointment on Monday and it went so well! We were able to see AND hear the baby's heartbeat this time which was very exciting. Our baby is definitely going to be active--it's already moving around like crazy! The baby measured 3.5cm long and the heartrate was 176 which is fantastic! We could also see it's little arms and hands--it's definitely all becoming more real to me now. As soon as I can, I will post the ultrasound pictures. As for me, I'm still doing pretty good. I'm still struggling to find food that actually sounds good to eat but hopefully this will pass soon. I have gained 4lbs. since my last appointment so obviously I'm finding something to eat! Thank you so much for all the prayers that are being lifted up for us--we know that everything is under God's control and we praise Him for that. On a side note, I've been trying to get Geoff to post a little something to give his perspective on all of this, but he's being a little reluctant :) So I encourage all of you out there who want to hear from him to give him a little shout out--maybe that will give him the push he needs!

8 comments:

Tracy Williams said...

Geoff...bring it. :)
And, that appointment is so fun! I loved the first ultrasound...it is so amazing! We are keeping y'all in our prayers! Keep the posts coming...you to Geoff!

April said...

the dark blue looked so much better! :) there's your comment! hahaha! I guess I still love you anyways... and I'm of course so super duper excited about Peanut! :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

So glad baby is healthy and you are doing alright Melinda! Hey Geoff... would love to hear your feelings on being a "Daddy" whenever you have some free time. -Angel

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad everything is looking happy and healthy! I disagree with April, I love the pastels...it's baby friendly :) Geoff...we're waiting!

April said...

*Clearing of the throat* Umm, where are the pictures?? Don't tell me you can't put them on here without my help!! What are you ever going to do without me? :)
p.s. HI MURPHY! :) (I miss him already!)

The VanZoerens said...

I DO need your help! I should've had you do that last week :( Oh well, I will never make it without you--you know that! Hopefully we can get that done soon though--they are a little overdue ;) By the way, I think Murphy misses you too!

**Punkydoop's World** said...

I am so happy you and the baby are doing great! I would love to hear from Geoff!! We always love to hear the Daddy's because we don't hear from them much :)
We are still going to do dinner. Alyssa has been sick with a stomach bug now that she is over her cold - so I promise when she is better we will get together. I don't want to take a chance at getting you sick.
Talk to you soon!!
Kristine

Stephanie said...

I know Geoff is super excited so he needs to give us his future daddy prospectives! Tell him this will only improve his chances of being awarded Husband of the Year!

YAY! Watching you grow and then watching the baby grow up is going to be so much fun. I am estatic!