Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nashville--Arden's first overnight trip!

I mentioned in a previous post that we took a trip to Nashville in mid-March. Geoff had a business meeting there, so I decided Arden and I would tag along. We were only there for 2 nights, but it was good practice for us since we will be traveling to Dallas and Boston with Geoff later this year. I was worried how Arden would do sleeping in an unfamiliar place, but she did great! The first night was a little rough, but the second night was a breeze! The only challenge we had was not not being able to bring all of her toys (i.e. the exersaucer, bouncy seat, etc.). She doesn't like to do one activity for very long right now, so her play mat and bumbo seat weren't enough to keep her occupied for very long! It really wasn't a big deal though and I'm sure it was good practice for our next two trips--we definitely won't be able to take many "extras" then either!

We didn't do much in Nashville besides eat at some great restaurants and relax! Arden did experience a swimming pool for the first time! I wasn't able to take pictures of her in the pool because I took her while Geoff was in a meeting and we were the only people there, but I did take one of her in her cute swimsuit:
Of course I didn't take many other pictures while we there (I know, I'm a slacker!) but here are a few that I did get:

The only picture we have together...and we had to take it ourselves!
Arden and Daddy at Centennial Park
Relaxing in the hotel room

This is how I occupied her so I could take a shower. If you are wondering what she is looking at, she is watching T.V.!!! Our little girl loves to watch T.V.!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay for trips with daddy!!! We need to get Nate and Geoff to pull the trigger on a group trip :)!

Her little swimsuit is so cute! Did you get it at Old Navy?