Tuesday, August 19, 2008

4D and Swollen Feet

Last Friday, we had our 4D ultrasound! It was very exciting to see little Arden again, even if she wasn't as cooperative as we would have liked ;) Towards the end, she started making cute faces and "interacting" with us more, so we were able to get some good pictures.






My next appointment is Wednesday, August 27. I started rotation last month, so my appointments aren't very exciting. I do start going every two weeks after the next appointment--that means we are getting closer to Arden's arrival! Geoff and I are so excited--we cannot wait to meet her!

On a different note, I have had a few requests to blog about my swollen feet! My sweet friend, Steph, was so kind to take a picture of my "watermelon" feet and send it to me, so I guess I really don't have a choice do I?! Yes, over the last month or so, my feet have been swelling to record sizes! Luckily they aren't ALWAYS this bad, but when they are, it is definitely not fun! Oh well, another joy of pregnancy right? Really though, I can't complain--I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far. I try to remind myself to enjoy every minute of it! So, for all of you out there curious about how my feet look, here you go:

8 comments:

Tracy Williams said...

I love the 4D ultrasound...wasn't it SO fun...I am pretty sure I cried at ours. She is a beautiful baby!
Oh, and I am right there with you in the swollen feet dept. Jeremy actually told me that my feet and ankles looked like hams after we brought Addyson home from the hospital...needless to say, that was WAY bad timing on his part for a little joke!
Yes, enjoy every minute! I miss being prego. :)

Unknown said...

how exciting! arden is smiling already! :) i hope the swollen feet don't stick around too long. i'm glad to hear that everything is still progressing the way that it should. you are in my and gabe's prayers!

p.s. more belly pictures! i think that i can speak for all of those who aren't around to see you all the time, and we want more pictures! :)

Bethany Patton said...

Those first baby pics are great....they never cooperate for those pics do they? And, I feel for you and your swollen feet...mine never "looked" swollen, but they sure felt swollen, so I can only imagine your pain. Poor thing, stay off your feet for awhile and relax!

Anonymous said...

She's SO SWEET! Those 4D pics are amazing to me...the detail! I didn't have anything like that back 12 years ago. Your swollen ankles look painful...OUCH! Hope that eases up!

Stephanie said...

Arden is adorable in 4D! I am so excited. She is going to be here so soon!!! YAY!

Your feet were SO swollen that day. I just couldn't resist taking a picture of them. I am so glad they have come down a bit :).

Anonymous said...

Hey Melinda,

I have loved peeking in on your blog and following baby Arden!! I think she's a doll already!! Try to stay off those swollen feet!
Take Care!
Marla Logan

April said...

somebody needs to update their blog... :)

Anonymous said...

Geoff and Melinda,

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter. Now comes the fun part! Enjoy every minute of it because it goes by so fast. God Bless your family.

David, Julie and Justin Petrak