Thursday, May 1, 2008

14 Weeks!

First of all, my appointment went so well this week. I didn't have an ultrasound (sigh) but we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat again so that was great. (For those that care the heartrate was 154) I have gained another 4 pounds for a total of 8 pounds since my first appointment! I have finally decided to break down and buy some maternity clothes because my regular pants have become extremely uncomfortable. Maternity pants are still a bit big, but I have learned a trick to make them fit better. Plus, they are so much more COMFORTABLE! Sitting at work in pants that are about to bust off at any given moment is NOT fun! Some of you have asked that I post pictures of this growing belly, so I will try and do that soon but I'm not going to make any promises ;)

Wow, I can't believe my first trimester is over--what a relief! And with the end of it has come the end to most of my nausea--YAH!!! I am so excited to be in my second trimester and experience all the blessings that will come. One of the things I am most excited about is finding out the sex. That big day will be June 2--I am so thrilled! So many people have asked what I think I'm having but to be honest, I have no idea! Some people have gut feelings, crazy dreams, etc. but unfortunately I have had none of the above! If any of you have any guesses, send them my way!

Praise God for my wonderful pregnancy so far--I'm looking forward to the next 13 weeks!

4 comments:

Out On a Limb said...

I'm so excited for you Melinda! So, an old wives' tale says that a fetus heartbeat over 150 (or maybe 145- can't remember) means it's a boy. Wade's was always over 150. Who knows if it's actually true!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better and everything is going well! Please post asap when you know if you're having a boy or girl! I can't wait to hold your sweet baby during the holidays! -Angel

Anonymous said...

YAY for no more morning sickness...or icky feelings! I'm so glad that's mostly over for you. Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm so thrilled for you guys!!! I can't wait to break my bank account on gifts for my neice (Hey, I'm auntie Jenni whether you like it or not ;)

Bethany Patton said...

Congrats on getting through the
1st trimester! The 2nd trimester is the best....when you look pregnant, but not too pregnant. I unfortunately, am at the "too pregnant" stage. Ahh! You need to post some pics of your growing belly too. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly...I look forward to following your story through your blog.